Taxation Concessions

30% Child Care Tax Rebate

In addition to the Child Care Benefit (CCB) you may be receiving, you may also be eligible to receive the recently announced 30% Child Care Tax Rebate?

Subject to the passing of legislation, you may be eligible to claim the rebate if you:

  • Receive CCB
  • Use approved child care; and
  • Meet the CCB work/study/training test.

What should YOU do?

Keep your receipts or similar records of your child care costs; and

Keep your reconciliation letter from the Family Assistance Office.

More information about eligibility and what to do to claim the rebate is available from the Tax Office by;


Or by phoning 13 28 61

How To Work Out My Out-Of-Pocket Expenses?

Subject to the passing of legislation, the rebate will cover 30% of your out-of-pocket child care expenses you have incurred from 1st July 2004 with a maximum rebate of $4,000 per child per year.The first claim will be able to be made in income tax returns for the period 1 July 2005 to 30 June 2006.

Total Child Care Fees - childcare Benefit = Out-of-Pocket Expenses

Total child care fees is the amount you are charged by your child care provider before any reduction for CCB.

Child Care Benefit - After the end of each financial year, the Family Assistance Office will send you a letter confirming your CCB entitlement for that year.This will happen once you have lodged your tax returns and all your child care usage details have been received.

Parents want the best for their child... that's why they come to us first

Quality educational & developmental programs in a caring and fun environment

Our children always come first. Others say it... we do it!